Hi Jean,

Thanks for the change, using instance tag(is it a new feature in the latest
version? I didn't see it in the older slider versions) is a really good
idea.  it might be good for other's to have a template but not for kafka.
Kafka is evolving in quite fast pace. I've seen many property key/val
change in last several releases. Our method is keep most properties default
and only override the one declared in appConfig.json which is actually
supported in current python script(maybe need some change for the latest
slider).

And  Kafka broker is bundled with local disk once it's launched so in the
real world there would be at most one instance for each NM.

Best,
Siyuan