tries to download .orbit instead of .jar files and causing problems. This
bug has been fixed in Ivy 2.3.0, but SBT 0.13.1 still uses Ivy 2.0. Aaron
had kindly provided a workaround in PR
#183<https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/pull/183>,
but I'm afraid only explicitly depend on javax.servlet only is not enough.
I'm not pretty sure about this because I'm facing both this issue and
ridiculously unstable network environment, which makes reproducing the bug
extremely time consuming (sbt gen-idea costs at least half an hour to
complete, and the generated result is broken. Most of the time was spent in
dependency resolution).

At last, I worked around this issue by updating my local SBT to 0.13.2-RC1.
If any of you are experiencing similar problem, I suggest you upgrade your
local SBT version. Since SBT 0.13.2-RC1 is not an official release, we have
to build it from scratch:

$ git clone g...@github.com:sbt/sbt.git <sbt-0.13.2-rc1-src-home>
$ cd <sbt-0.13.2-rc1-src-home>
$ git checkout v0.13.2-RC1

Now ensure you have SBT 0.13.1 installed as the latest stable version is
required for bootstrapping:

$ sbt publishLocal
$ mv ~/.sbt/boot /tmp
$ cd <sbt-0.13.1-home>/bin
$ mv sbt-launch.jar sbt-launch-0.13.1.jar
$ ln -sf <sbt-0.13.2-rc1-src-home>/target/sbt-launch-0.13.2-RC1.jar
sbt-launch.jar

Now you should be able to build Spark without worrying .orbit files. Hope
it helps.

Cheng