On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Andrew Ash <and...@andrewash.com> wrote:
> The nice thing about putting discussion on the Jira is that everything
> about the bug is in one place.  So people looking to understand the
> discussion a few years from now only have to look on the jira ticket rather
> than also search the mailing list archives and hope commenters all put the
> string "SPARK-1855" into the messages.

My understanding is that JIRA is not for discussions. In a sense it
could be used for a few opinions, but have never seen it elsewhere and
am curious if it's an approach for the project (that I might accept
ultimately, but that would require some adoption time).

What wrong with linking a discussion thread to a JIRA issue?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski | http://blog.japila.pl
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how