After manually copying hive 0.13.1 jars to local maven repo, I got the
following errors when building spark-hive_2.10 module :

[ERROR]
/homes/xx/spark/sql/hive/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/hive/HiveContext.scala:182:
type mismatch;
 found   : String
 required: Array[String]
[ERROR]       val proc: CommandProcessor =
CommandProcessorFactory.get(tokens(0), hiveconf)
[ERROR]
 ^
[ERROR]
/homes/xx/spark/sql/hive/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/hive/HiveMetastoreCatalog.scala:60:
value getAllPartitionsForPruner is not a member of org.apache.
 hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive
[ERROR]         client.getAllPartitionsForPruner(table).toSeq
[ERROR]                ^
[ERROR]
/homes/xx/spark/sql/hive/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/hive/HiveMetastoreCatalog.scala:267:
overloaded method constructor TableDesc with alternatives:
  (x$1: Class[_ <: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.InputFormat[_, _]],x$2:
Class[_],x$3: java.util.Properties)org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.plan.TableDesc
<and>
  ()org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.plan.TableDesc
 cannot be applied to (Class[org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.Deserializer],
Class[(some other)?0(in value tableDesc)(in value tableDesc)], Class[?0(in
value tableDesc)(in   value tableDesc)], java.util.Properties)
[ERROR]   val tableDesc = new TableDesc(
[ERROR]                   ^
[WARNING] Class org.antlr.runtime.tree.CommonTree not found - continuing
with a stub.
[WARNING] Class org.antlr.runtime.Token not found - continuing with a stub.
[WARNING] Class org.antlr.runtime.tree.Tree not found - continuing with a
stub.
[ERROR]
     while compiling:
/homes/xx/spark/sql/hive/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/hive/HiveQl.scala
        during phase: typer
     library version: version 2.10.4
    compiler version: version 2.10.4

The above shows incompatible changes between 0.12 and 0.13.1
e.g. the first error corresponds to the following method
in CommandProcessorFactory :
  public static CommandProcessor get(String[] cmd, HiveConf conf)

Cheers