Heya,
Dunno if these ideas are still in the air or felt in the warp ^^.
However there is a paper on avocado
<http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~kubitron/courses/cs262a-F13/projects/reports/project8_report.pdf>
that
mentions a way of working with their data (sequence's reads) in a windowed
manner without neither time nor timestamp field's value, but a kind-of
internal index as range delimiter -- thus defining their own exotic
continuum and break function.

greetz,

 aℕdy ℙetrella
about.me/noootsab