>From output of dependency:tree:

[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.8:tree (default-cli) @
spark-streaming_2.10 ---
[INFO] org.apache.spark:spark-streaming_2.10:jar:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
INFO] +- org.apache.spark:spark-core_2.10:jar:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-client:jar:2.4.0:compile
[INFO] |  +- net.java.dev.jets3t:jets3t:jar:0.9.0:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- commons-codec:commons-codec:jar:1.5:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.apache.httpcomponents:httpclient:jar:4.1.2:compile
[INFO] |  |  +- org.apache.httpcomponents:httpcore:jar:4.1.2:compile

bq. excluding httpclient from spark-streaming dependency in your sbt/maven
project

This should work.