Currently, Spark 1.1.0 works with Python 2.6 or higher, but not Python 3. There
does seem to be interest, see also this post
(http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/pyspark-on-python-3-td15706.html).

I believe Ariel Rokem (cced) has been trying to get it work and might be
working on a PR. It would probably be good to create a JIRA ticket for this.

— Jeremy

jeremyfreeman.net
@thefreemanlab