I'm actually going to change my non-binding to +0 for the proposal as-is.

I overlooked some parts of the original proposal that, when reading over
them again, do not sit well with me. "one of the maintainers needs to sign
off on each patch to the component", as Greg has pointed out, does seem to
imply that there are committers with more power than others with regards to
specific components- which does imply ownership.

My thinking would be to re-work in some way as to take out the accent on
ownership. I would maybe focus on things such as:

1) Other committers and contributors being forced to consult with
maintainers of modules before patches can get rolled in.
2) Maintainers being assigned specifically from PMC.
3) Oversight to have more accent on keeping the community happy in a
specific area of interest vice being a consultant for the design of a
specific piece.