From: Evan R. Sparks <evan.spa...@gmail.com>
To: Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Cc: Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>; Michael Malak <michaelma...@yahoo.com>;
Patrick Wendell <pwend...@gmail.com>; Reynold Xin <r...@databricks.com>;
"dev@spark.apache.org" <dev@spark.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: renaming SchemaRDD -> DataFrame

I'm +1 on this, although a little worried about unknowingly introducing
SparkSQL dependencies every time someone wants to use this. It would be
great if the interface can be abstract and the implementation (in this
case, SparkSQL backend) could be swapped out.

One alternative suggestion on the name - why not call it DataTable?
DataFrame seems like a name carried over from pandas (and by extension, R),
and it's never been obvious to me what a "Frame" is.