Yeah I wrote the original script and I intentionally made it easy for
other projects to use (you'll just need to tweak some variables at the
top). You just need somewhere to run it... we were using a jenkins
cluster to run it every 5 minutes.

BTW - I looked and there is one instance where it hard cores the
string "SPARK-", but that should be easy to change. I'm happy to
review a patch that makes that prefix a variable.

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/dev/github_jira_sync.py#L71

- Patrick