Jenkins build against hadoop 2.4 has been unstable recently:
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/view/Spark/job/Spark-Master-Maven-with-YARN/HADOOP_PROFILE=hadoop-2.4,label=centos/

I haven't found the test which hung / failed in recent Jenkins builds.

But PR builder has several green builds lately:
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/

Maybe PR builder doesn't build against hadoop 2.4 ?

Cheers