Hey Sean,

This is being shipped now because there is a severe bug in 1.4.0 that
can cause data corruption for Parquet users.

There are no blockers targeted for 1.4.1 - so I don't see that JIRA is
inconsistent with shipping a release now. The goal of having every
single targeted JIRA cleared by the time we start voting, I don't
think there is broad consensus and cultural adoption of that principle
yet. So I do not take it as a signal this release is premature (the
story has been the same for every previous release we've ever done).

The fact that we hit 90/124 of issues targeted at this release means
we are targeting such that we get around 70% of issues merged. That
actually doesn't seem so bad to me since there is some uncertainty in
the process. B

- Patrick