What new information do you know after creating the RDD, that you didn't
know at the time of it's creation?
I think the whole point is that RDD is immutable, you can't change it once
it was created.
Perhaps you need to refactor your logic to know the parameters earlier, or
create a whole new RDD again.

*Romi Kuntsman*, *Big Data Engineer*
http://www.totango.com