Sergio, you are not alone for sure. Check the RowSimilarity implementation
[SPARK-4823]. It has been there for 6 months. It is very likely those which
don't merge in the version of spark that it was developed will never merged
because spark changes quite significantly from version to version if the
algorithm depends a lot of internal api.