We’ve been making use of both. Fine-grain mode makes sense for more ad-hoc work
loads, and coarse-grained for more job like loads on a common data set. My
preference is the fine-grain mode in all cases, but the overhead associated
with its startup and the possibility that an overloaded cluster would be
starved for resources makes coarse grain mode a reality at the moment.

On Wednesday, 4 November 2015 5:24 AM, Reynold Xin