I think there are a few minor differences in the dependency graph that
arise from this. For a given user, the probability it affects them is low -
it needs to conflict with a library a user application is using. However
the probability it affects *some users* is very high and we do see small
changes crop up fairly frequently.

My feeling is mostly pragmatic... if we can get things working to
standardize on Maven-style resolution by upgrading SBT, let's do it. If
that's not tenable, we can evaluate alternatives.

- Patrick