Personally, I'd rather avoid the risk of breaking things during the
reimport. In my experience we've had a lot of unforeseen problems with JIRA
import/export and the benefit here doesn't seem huge (this issue only
impacts people that are searching for the oldest JIRAs across all projects,
which I think is pretty uncommon). Just my two cents.

- Josh