+1 (non-binding)

Functional: looks good, tested with OpenJDK 8 (1.8.0_111) and IBM's latest
SDK for Java (8 SR3 FP21).

Tests run clean on Ubuntu 16 04, 14 04, SUSE 12, CentOS 7.2 on x86 and IBM
specific platforms including big-endian. On slower machines I see these
failing but nothing to be concerned over (timeouts):

org.apache.spark.DistributedSuite.caching on disk
org.apache.spark.rdd.LocalCheckpointSuite.missing checkpoint block fails
with informative message
org.apache.spark.sql.streaming.StreamingAggregationSuite.prune results by
current_time, complete mode
org.apache.spark.sql.streaming.StreamingAggregationSuite.prune results by
current_date, complete mode
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveSparkSubmitSuite.set
hive.metastore.warehouse.dir

Performance vs 2.0.2: lots of improvements seen using the HiBench and
SparkSqlPerf benchmarks, tested with a 48 core Intel machine using the
Kryo serializer, controlled test environment. These are all open source
benchmarks anyone can use and experiment with. Elapsed times measured, +
scores are an improvement (so it's that much percent faster) and - scores
are used for regressions I'm seeing.

K-means: Java API +22% (100 sec to 78 sec), Scala API +30% (34 seconds to
24 seconds), Python API unchanged
PageRank: minor improvement from 40 seconds to 38 seconds, +5%
Sort: minor improvement, 10.8 seconds to 9.8 seconds, +10%
WordCount: unchanged
Bayes: mixed bag, sometimes much slower (95 sec to 140 sec) which is -47%,
other times marginally faster by 15%, something to keep an eye on
Terasort: +18% (39 seconds to 32 seconds) with the Java/Scala APIs

For TPC-DS SQL queries the results are a mixed bag again, I see > 10%
boosts for q9,  q68, q75, q96 and > 10% slowdowns for q7, q39a, q43, q52,
q57, q89. Five iterations, average times compared, only changing which
version of Spark we're using