Regarding logging, Graphframes makes a simple wrapper this way:

https://github.com/graphframes/graphframes/blob/master/src/main/scala/org/
graphframes/Logging.scala

Regarding the UDTs, they have been hidden to be reworked for Datasets, the
reasons being detailed here [1]. Can you describe your use case in more
details? You may be better off copy/pasting the UDT code outside of Spark,
depending on your use case.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-14155