Please see this email  trail:  no answer so far on the user@spark board.
Trying the developer board for better luck

The question:

I am a bit confused by the current roadmap for graph and graph analytics in
Apache Spark.

I understand that we have had for some time two libraries (the following is my
understanding - please amend as appropriate!):

. GraphX, part of Spark project.  This library is based on RDD and it is only
accessible via Scala.  It doesn’t look that this library has been enhanced
recently.
. GraphFrames, independent (at the moment?) library for Spark.  This library is
based on Spark DataFrames and accessible by Scala & Python. Last commit on
GitHub was 2 months ago.

GraphFrames cam about with the promise at some point to be integrated in Apache
Spark.

I can see other projects coming up with interesting libraries and ideas (e.g.
Graphulo on Accumulo, a new project with the goal of implementing the GraphBlas
building blocks for graph algorithms on top of Accumulo).

Where is Apache Spark going?

Where are graph libraries in the roadmap?

Thanks for any clarity brought to this matter.

Thanks Enzo