I agree that it seems completely fine to update the web version of the docs
after a release. What would not be fine is updating the downloadable package
for it without another vote (and another release number). When people voted on
a release, they voted that we should put up that package as "spark-2.1.0.tgz"
or whatever, which is not changing here.

At the same time though, even though docs on the website *can* be updated
after, it might not be smart to release something until the docs *are* fully in
sync with the new features -- otherwise users might get confused.

Matei