FYI, the JDK group at Oracle is reaching out to see whether anyone
wants to test with JDK 9 and give them feedback. Just contact them
directly if you'd like to.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: dalibor topic <dalibor.to...@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 3:16 AM
Subject: Testing Apache Spark with JDK 9 Early Access builds
To: ma...@cs.stanford.edu
Cc: Rory O'Donnell <rory.odonn...@oracle.com>

Hi Matei,

As part of evaluating how far along various popular open source
projects are regarding testing with upcoming JDK releases, I thought
I'd reach out to you about adding your projects to the Quality
Outreach [1][2] effort that Rory (CC:ed, as the OpenJDK Quality Group
Lead) leads.

Through that effort, we're trying to encourage more community testing
of JDK Early Access (EA) builds, and assist those projects that
participate in filing, tracking and (hopefully) resolving issues they
find along the way. Currently, about 80 FOSS projects participate in
the effort.

I'm curious you have had a chance to test your projects with JDK 9, if
you have run into any showstopper issues, and if so, if you have filed
any issues against the JDK discovered while testing with JDK 9 (or an
earlier release).

Last but not least, I'd be curious if you'd be interested in joining
the Quality Outreach effort with your projects. Rory can fill you in
on the details of how it all works.

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/quality/Quality+Outreach
[2]
https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/download/attachments/21430310/TheWisdomOfCrowdTestingOpenJDK.pdf
--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment