happy update:  we put the host serving the reverse proxy to jenkins on
a UPS/genny circuit we expect to last overnight.

this means that there should be no impact on jenkins during the
maintenance period.  pull requests should continue to build w/o issue
overnight, and hopefully well in to the morning.  :)

i'll check in on the state of things when i wake up tomorrow
morning...  this is actually quite a big and dangerous job.  they need
to rip out some sidewalk and dig pretty deep to get to the main feed
to replace it.

shane