+1 (non-binding)

I have found the suggestion from Andrew Ash and James about plan push down
quite interesting. However, I am not clear about the join push-down support
at the data source level. Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the join
node to carry out a data source specific join? I mean join node and the
data source scan of the two sides can be coalesced into a single node
(theoretically). This can be done by providing a Strategy that replaces the
join node with a data source specific join node. We are doing it that way
for our data sources. I find this more intuitive.

BTW, aggregate push-down support is desirable and should be considered as
an enhancement going forward.

Hemant Bhanawat <https://www.linkedin.com/in/hemant-bhanawat-92a3811>
www.snappydata.io