Thanks Sean.

For the second one, it looks like the  HiveExternalCatalogVersionsSuite is
trying to download the release tgz from the official Apache mirror, which
won’t work unless the release is actually, released?

val preferredMirror =
Seq("wget", "https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua?preferred=true";, "-q", "
val url = s"
$preferredMirror/spark/spark-$version/spark-$version-bin-hadoop2.7.tgz"

It’s proabbly getting an error page instead.