Are you referring this?

   override def deviance(y: Double, mu: Double, weight: Double): Double = {
      2.0 * weight * (y * math.*log(y / mu)* - (y - mu))
    }

Not sure how does R handle this, but my guess is they may add a small
number, e.g. 0.5, to the numerator and denominator. If you can confirm
that's the issue, I will look into it.