+1, I'd like to get a release out with SPARK-23852 fixed. The Parquet
community are about to release 1.8.3 - the voting period closes tomorrow -
and I've tested it with Spark 2.3 and confirmed the bug is fixed. Hopefully
it is released and I can post the version change to branch-2.3 before you
start to roll the RC this weekend.

Henry