Let's take this to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-25026 -- I
provisionally marked this a Blocker, as if it's correct, then the release
is missing an important piece and we'll want to remedy that ASAP. I still
have this feeling I am missing something. The classes really aren't there
in the release but ... *nobody* noticed all this time? I guess maybe
Spark-Kafka users may be using a vendor distro that does package these bits.