I'd like to propose including integration testing for Kerberos on the Spark
2.4 release:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/22608

Arguments in favor:
1) it improves testing coverage on a feature important for integrating with
HDFS deployments
2) its intersection with existing code is small - it consists primarily of
new testing code, with a bit of refactoring into 'main' and 'test'
sub-trees. These new tests appear stable.
3) Spark 2.4 is still in RC, with outstanding correctness issues.

The argument 'against' that I'm aware of would be the relatively large size
of the PR. I believe this is considered above, but am soliciting community
feedback before committing.
Cheers,
Erik