It’s time to submit Spark's quarterly ASF board report on February 13th, so I
wanted to run the report by everyone to make sure we’re not missing something.
Let me know whether I missed anything:

----------------

Apache Spark is a fast and general engine for large-scale data processing. It
offers high-level APIs in Java, Scala, Python and R as well as a rich set of
libraries including stream processing, machine learning, and graph analytics.

Project status:

- We released Apache Spark 2.2.3 on January 11th to fix bugs in the 2.2 branch.
The community is also currently voting on a 2.3.3 release to bring recent fixes
to the Spark 2.3 branch.

- Discussions are under way about the next feature release, which will likely
be Spark 3.0, on our dev and user mailing lists. Some key questions include
whether to remove various deprecated APIs, and which minimum versions of Java,
Python, Scala, etc to support. There are also a number of new features
targeting this release. We encourage everyone in the community to give feedback
on these discussions through our mailing lists or issue tracker.

Trademarks:

- We are continuing engagement with various organizations.

Latest releases:

- Jan 11th, 2019: Spark 2.2.3
- Nov 2nd, 2018: Spark 2.4.0
- Sept 24th, 2018: Spark 2.3.2

Committers and PMC:

- We added Jose Torres as a new committer on January 29th.
- The latest committer was added on January 29th, 2019 (Jose Torres).
- The latest PMC member was added on Jan 12th, 2018 (Xiao Li).