I'm slightly confused about this discussion. I worked on all of the
aforementioned PRs: the module PR that has been merged, the current PR that
introduces the Graph API and the PoC PR that contains the full
implementation. The issues around shading were addressed and the module PR
eventually got merged. Two PMC members including the SPIP shepherd are
working with me (and others) on the current API PR. The SPIP to bring Spark
Graph into Apache Spark itself has been successfully voted on earlier this
year. I presented this work at Spark Summit in San Fransisco in May and was
asked by the organizers to present the topic at the European Spark Summit.
I'm currently sitting in the speakers room of that conference preparing for
the talk and reading this thread. I hope you understand my confusion.

I admit - and Xiangrui pointed this out in the other thread, too - that we
made the early mistake of not bringing more Spark committers on board which
lead to a stagnation period during summer when Xiangrui wasn't around to
help review and bring progress to the project.

Sean, if your concern is the lack of maintainers of that module, I
personally would like to volunteer to maintain Spark Graph. I'm also a
contributor to the Okapi stack and am able to work on whatever issue might
come up on that end including updating dependencies etc. FWIW, Okapi is
actively maintained by a team at Neo4j.

Best, Martin