Technically, `branch-3.0-preview` has many issues.

First of all, are we going to delete `branch-3.0-preview` after releasing
`3.0-preview`?
I guess we didn't delete old branches (including feature branches like
jdbc, yarn branches)

Second, our merge script already starts to show `branch-3.0-preview`
instead of `branch-2.4` already.
Currently, We need to merge to `master` -> `branch-3.0-preview` ->
`branch-2.4`.
This already creates a burden to maintain our LTS branch `branch-2.4`.

Third, during updating JIRA, our merge script starts to fail because it
extracts the version number from `branch-3.0-preview` but Apache JIRA
doesn't have a version `3.0-preview`. Are we going to add a release version
at `Apache Spark JIRA`?
(I'm -1 for this. `Fixed Version: 3.0-preview` seems to be overkill).

If we are reluctant to have `branch-3.0` because it has a meaning of
`feature` and its merging cost, I'm +1 for tag on `master` (Reynold's
suggestion)

We can do vote and stabilize `3.0-alpha` in master branch.

Bests,
Dongjoon.