Something related to non-ASCII characters. Worked fine with python 3.

git branch -D PR_TOOL_MERGE_PR_26426_MASTER
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./dev/merge_spark_pr.py", line 577, in <module>
    main()
  File "./dev/merge_spark_pr.py", line 552, in main
    merge_hash = merge_pr(pr_num, target_ref, title, body, pr_repo_desc)
  File "./dev/merge_spark_pr.py", line 147, in merge_pr
    distinct_authors[0])
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf8' in
position 65: ordinal not in range(128)
M       docs/running-on-kubernetes.md
Already on 'master'
Your branch is up to date with 'apache-github/master'.
error: cannot pull with rebase: Your index contains uncommitted changes.
error: please commit or stash them.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:17 AM Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hm, the last change was on Oct 1, and should have actually helped it
> still work with Python 2:
> https://github.com/apache/spark/commit/2ec3265ae76fc1e136e44c240c476ce572b679df#diff-c321b6c82ebb21d8fd225abea9b7b74c
>
> Hasn't otherwise changed in a while. What's the error?
>
> On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:37 AM Marcelo Vanzin
> <van...@cloudera.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Something broke that script when running with python 2.
> >
> > I know we want to deprecate python 2, but in that case, scripts should
> > at least be changed to use "python3" in the shebang line...
> >
> > --
> > Marcelo

Marcelo