Hmm, what exactly did you mean by "remove the usage of forked `hive` in
Apache Spark 3.0 completely officially"? I thought you wanted to remove the
forked Hive 1.2 dependencies completely, no? As long as we still keep the
Hive 1.2 in Spark 3.0, I'm fine with that. I personally don't have a
particular preference between using Hive 1.2 or 2.3 as the default Hive
version. After all, for end-users and providers who need a particular
version combination, they can always build Spark with proper profiles
themselves.

And thanks for clarifying the Hive 2.3.5 issue. I didn't notice that it's
due to the folder name.