When entering the official release candidates, the new features have to be
disabled or even reverted [if the conf is not available] if the fixes are
not trivial; otherwise, we might need 10+ RCs to make the final release.
The new features should not block the release based on the previous
discussions.

I agree we should have code freeze at the beginning of 2020. The preview
releases should not block the official releases. The preview is just to
collect more feedback about these new features or behavior changes.

Also, for the release of Spark 3.0, we still need the Hive community to do
us a favor to release 2.3.7 for having HIVE-22190
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-22190>. Before asking Hive
community to do 2.3.7 release, if possible, we want our Spark community to
have more tries, especially the support of JDK 11 on Hadoop 2.7 and 3.2,
which is based on Hive 2.3 execution JAR. During the preview stage, we
might find more issues that are not covered by our test cases.