I try to follow the second option.
In general, when multiple reviewers are looking at the code, sometimes
addressing review comments might open up other avenues of
discussion/optimization/design discussions : atleast in core, I have seen
this happen often.

A day or so delay is worth the increased scrutiny and better design/reduced
bugs.

Regards,
Mridul