Hi All,

I also had a scenario where at runtime, I needed to loop through a
dataframe to use withColumn many times.

 For the safer side I used the reflection to access the withColumns to
prevent any java.lang.StackOverflowError.

val dataSetClass = Class.forName("org.apache.spark.sql.Dataset")
val newConfigurationMethod =
  dataSetClass.getMethod("withColumns", classOf[Seq[String]],
classOf[Seq[Column]])
newConfigurationMethod.invoke(
  baseDataFrame, columnName, columnValue).asInstanceOf[DataFrame]

It would be great if we use the "withColumns" rather than using the
reflection code like this.
or
make changes in the code to merge the project with existing project in the
plan, instead of adding the new project every time we call the "withColumn".

+1 for exposing the *withColumns*

Regards
Saurabh Chawla