I think SQLConf doesn't need defs anymore. In the beginning, SQLConf lived
in sql/core, so we have to add defs if the code in sql/catalyst needs to
access configs. Now SQLConf is in sql/catalyst (this was done a few years
ago), defs are only needed if we have some special logic that is not just
reading the configs.