+1 on this SPIP.

This is a more generalized version of bucketed tables and bucketed
joins which can eliminate very expensive data shuffles when joins, and
many users in the Apache Spark community have wanted this feature for
a long time!

Thank you, Ryan and Chao, for working on this, and I look forward to
it as a new feature in Spark 3.3

DB Tsai  |  https://www.dbtsai.com/  |  PGP 42E5B25A8F7A82C1