Hi all,

Our ASF board report needs to be submitted again this Wednesday (November 10).
I wrote a draft with the major things that happened in the past three months —
let me know if I missed something.

===========

Apache Spark is a fast and general engine for large-scale data processing. It
offers high-level APIs in Java, Scala, Python, R and SQL as well as a rich set
of libraries including stream processing, machine learning, and graph
analytics.

Issues for the board:

- None

Project status:

- We recently released Apache Spark 3.2, a feature release that adds several
large
  pieces of functionality. Spark 3.2 includes a new Pandas API for Apache Spark
  based on the Koalas project, a new push-based shuffle implementation, a more
  efficient RocksDB state store for Structured Streaming, native support for
  session windows, error message standardization, and significant improvements
  to Spark SQL, such as the use of adaptive query execution by default and GA
  status for the ANSI SQL language mode.

- We updated the Apache Spark homepage with a new design and more examples.

- We added one new committer, Chao Sun, in October.

Trademarks:

- No changes since the last report.

Latest releases:

- Spark 3.2.0 was released on October 13, 2021.
- Spark 3.1.2 was released on June 23rd, 2021.
- Spark 3.0.3 was released on June 1st, 2021.

Committers and PMC:

- The latest committers was added on November 5th, 2021 (Chao Sun).
- The latest PMC member was added on June 20th, 2021 (Kousuke Saruta).