It’s time to send our quarterly report to the ASF board again this Wednesday.
I’ve written the following draft for it — let me know if you want to add or
change anything.

======================================

Apache Spark is a fast and general purpose engine for large-scale data
processing. It offers high-level APIs in Java, Scala, Python, R and SQL as
well as a rich set of libraries including stream processing, machine learning,
and graph analytics.

Issues for the board:

- None

Project status:

- We released Apache Spark 3.2.1, a bug fix release for the 3.2 line, in
January.

- Two Spark Project Improvement Proposals (SPIPs) were recently accepted by the
community: Support for Customized Kubernetes Schedulers and Storage Partitioned
Join for Data Source V2.

- We’ve migrated away from Spark’s original Jenkins CI/CD infrastructure, which
was graciously hosted by UC Berkeley on their clusters since 2013, to GitHub
Actions. Thanks to the Berkeley CS department for hosting this for so long!

- We added a new committer, Yuanjian Li, in December 2021.

- We added a new PMC member, Maciej Szymkiewicz, in January 2022.

Trademarks:

- No changes since the last report.

Latest releases:

- Spark 3.2.1 was released on January 26, 2022.
- Spark 3.2.0 was released on October 13, 2021.
- Spark 3.1.2 was released on June 23rd, 2021.

Committers and PMC:
- The latest committer was added on Dec 20th, 2021 (Yuanjian Li).
- The latest PMC member was added on Jan 19th, 2022 (Maciej Szymkiewicz).