Hi Spark community,

I’m recently working on migrating Spark workloads from Yarn to K8s, and one
of the issue I found is that there is no out-of-box log solution for Spark
applications on K8s as Yarn has, and Spark even does not provide a way to
integrate w/ external log service.

Based on the above situation, I propose a way[1][2] to allow Spark to
integrate w/ external log service when running on K8s, and PR[3] is
available for reviewing and testing.

I also found there was a PR[4] wants to the similar thing.

Please let me know if you have any feedback on this idea, and other log
solutions/ideas/suggestions for Spark on K8s are welcome as well.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MfB39LD4B4Rp7MDRxZbMKMbdNSe6V6mBmMQ-gkCnM-0/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-40887
[3] https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/38357