Maybe I need to clarify - my proposal is "explicitly" deprecating it, which
incurs code change for sure. Guidance on the Spark website is done already
as I mentioned - we updated the DStream doc page to mention that DStream is
a "legacy" project and users should move to SS. I don't feel this is
sufficient to refrain users from using it, hence initiating this proposal.

Sorry to make confusion. I just wanted to make sure the goal of the
proposal is not "removing" the API. The discussion on the removal of API
doesn't tend to go well, so I wanted to make sure I don't mean that.