Hi all,

I'd like to start the vote for SPIP: Lazy Materialization for Parquet
Read Performance Improvement.

The high summary of the SPIP is that it proposes an improvement to the
Parquet reader with lazy materialization which only materializes (i.e.
decompress, de-code, etc...) necessary values. For Spark-SQL filter
operations, evaluating the filters first and lazily materializing only
the used values can save computation wastes and improve the read
performance.