While the point about being less time is probably correct, yeah if
something is half-done, we should keep them in the master branch, and/or
don't expose it to the end users (which I believe we usually do).
Good thing is that we can make the schedule predictable. Suppose that the
branchcut date is pinned, then people can schedule/estimate their work
based on the pinned schedule :-).