It’s time to send our quarterly report to the ASF board on August 9th. Here’s
what I wrote as a draft — feel free to suggest changes.

=============================

Issues for the board:

- None

Project status:

- We cut the branch Spark 3.5.0 on July 17th 2023. The community is working on
bug fixes, tests, stability and documentation.
- We made a patch release, Spark 3.4.1, on June 23, 2023.
- We are preparing a Spark 3.3.3 release for later this month
(https://lists.apache.org/thread/0kgnw8njjnfgc5nghx60mn7oojvrqwj7).
- Votes on three Spark Project Improvement Proposals (SPIP) passed: "XML data
source support", "Python Data Source API", and "PySpark Test Framework".
- A vote for "Apache Spark PMC asks Databricks to differentiate its Spark
version string" did not pass. This was asking a company to change the string
returned by Spark APIs in a product that packages a modified version of Apache
Spark.
- The community decided to release Apache Spark 4.0.0 after the 3.5.0 version.
- An official Apache Spark Docker image is now available at
https://hub.docker.com/_/spark
- A new repository, https://github.com/apache/spark-connect-go, was created for
the Go client of Spark Connect.
- The PMC voted to add two new committers to the project, XiDuo You and Peter
Toth

Trademarks:

- No changes since the last report.

Latest releases:

- We released Apache Spark 3.4.1 on June 23, 2023
- We released Apache Spark 3.2.4 on April 13, 2023
- We released Spark 3.3.2 on February 17, 2023

Committers and PMC:

- The latest committers were added on July 11th, 2023 (XiDuo You and Peter
Toth).
- The latest PMC members were added on May 10th, 2023 (Chao Sun, Xinrong Meng
and Ruifeng Zheng).