+1

发件人: Yuming Wang <yumw...@apache.org>
日期: 2023年11月7日 星期二 07:00
收件人: Santosh Pingale <santosh.ping...@adyen.com.invalid>
抄送: Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.h...@gmail.com>, dev <dev@spark.apache.org>
主题: Re: Apache Spark 3.4.2 (?)

+1

On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 3:55 AM Santosh Pingale
<santosh.ping...@adyen.com.invalid> wrote:
Makes sense given the nature of those commits.

On Mon, Nov 6, 2023, 7:52 PM Dongjoon Hyun
<dongjoon.h...@gmail.com<mailto:dongjoon.h...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi, All.

Apache Spark 3.4.1 tag was created on Jun 19th and `branch-3.4` has 103 commits
including important security and correctness patches like SPARK-44251,
SPARK-44805, and SPARK-44940.

https://github.com/apache/spark/releases/tag/v3.4.1<https://mailshield.baidu.com/check?q=8mtU6R7ROnz38d6jZlaYci3jI%2b5S56t2j7nGA5F9QxA2VlWTmDyCT%2f8AiOVvzkLi32ehJN%2bSZX4%3d>

    $ git log --oneline v3.4.1..HEAD | wc -l
    103

    SPARK-44251 Potential for incorrect results or NPE when full outer USING
join has null key value
    SPARK-44805 Data lost after union using
spark.sql.parquet.enableNestedColumnVectorizedReader=true
    SPARK-44940 Improve performance of JSON parsing when
"spark.sql.json.enablePartialResults" is enabled

Currently, I'm checking the following open correctness issues. I'd like to
propose to release Apache Spark 3.4.2 after resolving them and volunteer as the
release manager for Apache Spark 3.4.2. If there are no additional blockers,
the first tentative RC1 vote date is November 13rd (Monday). If it takes some
time to resolve the open correctness issues, we can start the vote after
Thanksgiving holiday.

    SPARK-44512 dataset.sort.select.write.partitionBy sorts wrong column
    SPARK-45282 Join loses records for cached datasets

WDTY?

Dongjoon.