Hi all,

I’d like to start a vote for SPIP: An Official Kubernetes Operator for
Apache Spark.

The proposal is to develop an official Java-based Kubernetes operator
for Apache Spark to automate the deployment and simplify the lifecycle
management and orchestration of Spark applications and Spark clusters
on k8s at prod scale.

This aims to reduce the learning curve and operation overhead for
Spark users so they can concentrate on core Spark logic.

Please also refer to:

   - Discussion thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/wdy7jfhf7m8jy74p6s0npjfd15ym5rxz
   - JIRA ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-45923
   - SPIP doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f5mm9VpSKeWC72Y9IiKN2jbBn32rHxjWKUfLRaGEcLE

Please vote on the SPIP for the next 72 hours:

[ ] +1: Accept the proposal as an official SPIP
[ ] +0
[ ] -1: I don’t think this is a good idea because …

Thank you!

Liang-Chi Hsieh