I am supportive of the proposal - this is a step in the right direction !
Additional metadata (explicit and inferred) for log records, and exposing
them for indexing is extremely useful.

The specifics of the API still need some work IMO and does not need to be
this disruptive, but I consider that is orthogonal to this vote itself -
and something we need to iterate upon during PR reviews.

+1

Regards,
Mridul