Hi dev members,

I am writing to let you know that the first pull request has been raised to
the newly established spark-kubernetes-operator, as previously discussed
within the group. This PR includes the alpha version release of this
project.

https://github.com/apache/spark-kubernetes-operator/pull/2

Here are some key highlights of the PR:
* Introduction of the alpha version of spark-kubernetes-operator.
* Start & stop Spark apps with simple yaml schema
* Deploy and monitor SparkApplications throughout its lifecycle
* Version agnostic for Spark 3.2 and above
* Full logging and metrics integration
* Flexible deployments and native integration with Kubernetes tooling

To facilitate the review process, we have provided detailed documentation
and comments within the PR.

This PR also includes contributions from Qi Tan, Shruti Gumma, Nishchal
Venkataramana and Swami Jayaraman, whose efforts have been instrumental in
reaching this stage of the project.

We are currently in the phase of actively developing and refining the
project. This includes extensive testing across diverse workloads and the
integration of additional test frameworks to ensure the robustness and
reliability of Spark application. We are calling for reviews and inputs on
this PR. Please feel free to provide any suggestions, concerns, or feedback
that could help to improve the quality and functionality of the project. We
look forward to your feedback.

--
*Zhou JIANG*